SWORD1: Glitching after unplugging floor machine
|Reported by:||SF/labbott||Owned by:||hkzlab|
|Game:||Broken Sword 1|
This is the point in the game where George is in the Hospital with the janitor. Best described in series of steps:
1) Unplug the floor machine
2) Game appears to progress correctly, janitor says "Take that you stupid thing" kicks floor machine
3) The image of both the floor machine and janitor disappear completely at the point where the janitor is supposed to walk over and plug the machine back in
4) George follows and walks to the correct spot. (His behavior is always normal)
5) The image of the janitor reappears when the janitor gets to the right side of the middle barrier. (i.e. where he would have reappeared after walking back from behind the barrier) The floor machine is still not present at this point.
6) The floor machine and janitor go back to normal (sweeping the floor etc.) but I can't click on anything. The cursor is not present anywhere and I can't activate inventory or menu screen to save.
-During this entire time, from steps 1 to 6, I can't activate the cursor to click on anything (i.e. solve the puzzle) or try and save state.
-I had previously unplugged the machine and had it work successfully (i.e. not glitch and I could keep playing) at least once before.
English Talkie Version of the Broken Sword 1
Gentoo Linux on x86_64, scummvm version from portage
labbott@godot ~/scumm $ scummvm --version
Using configuration file: /home/labbott/.scummvmrc
ScummVM 0.11.1 (Jul 31 2008 22:13:04)
Features compiled in: Vorbis MP3 ALSA zLib MPEG2
I don't have the ability to take screenshots at the moment, but I can set it up if needed
Ticket imported from: #2052323. Ticket imported from: bugs/3861.