DIG: Subtitle speed affects speech when subtitles are off
|Reported by:||SF/ikorb||Owned by:||Kirben|
Version: ScummVM 0.11.1 (Feb 24 2008 12:46:21)
Game version: PC MS-Dos CD, english
Platform: Win32, official binary
Affected versions: lower limit not known, still present in daily build
The "subtitle speed" setting in the options causes pauses between speech samples in The Dig even when subtitles are disabled.
Steps to reproduce:
- delete SCUMMVM.INI
- start ScummVm, add The Dig to the games.
- Select Options->Audio, set Subtitle speed to 255. Notice that the "Text and speech" field defaults to "Speech only".
- Select Ok, then Start
- Watch the intro movie or skip it with Escape
- Right click to get the inventory, select the Pen Ultimate PDA (second from the left)
- click the Comm icon (right)
- click on Miles (lower right)
- Notice that there are long pauses between the dialog lines where the speech animation continues, even though there are no subtitles displayed.
The pauses disappear when the Subtitle speed is set to 0.
Expected result: The subtitle speed should not affect the speech sample playback when the subtitles are disabled.
Ticket imported from: #1925322. Ticket imported from: bugs/3668.
Change History (5)
comment:2 by , 11 years ago
|Summary:||Subtitle speed affects speech even when subtitles are off → DIG: Subtitle speed affects speech when subtitles are off|