Opened 21 years ago
Closed 20 years ago
Last modified 16 years ago
#344 closed defect (invalid)
SIMON: Incorrect position/movement
|Reported by:||SF/madshi||Owned by:||Kirben|
|Cc:||Game:||Simon the Sorcerer 1|
In the room directly after using the teleporter you can make Simon lose his correct position (savegame attached). I was able to reproduce it this way:
(1) Collect the stone and the branch, then directly talk to the man. Do NOT try to go to Sordid, also don't try to do anything with the bell yet.
(2) After the dialog is through, directly try to go to Sordid. You are not allowed.
(3) Now "use" the bell with the bell. Not sure whether this step is necessary, but better do it to be sure.
(4) Now "move" the bell. Not sure whether this step is necessary, but better do it to be sure.
(5) Now try to go as far to the left top as you can. You'll (hopefully) notice that Simon goes directly "through" the wodden bar (or however it is called). You can't reach the original left top position of the room. Also when you finally correctly make the bell work, during the short animation Simon is suddenly at the correct position, after the animation he's back at the wrong position.
The savegame has the wrong position saved.
Ticket imported from: #580976. Ticket imported from: bugs/344.
Change History (13)
by , 21 years ago
comment:1 by , 21 years ago
comment:2 by , 20 years ago
By wodden bar, you mean the sign next to the stand ? if yes
than it occurs in the original simon 1 too. The second problem also occurs in the originsl simon 1 too. ScummVM save games seem to use same format as original games, so check it out yourself if you want.
comment:3 by , 20 years ago
With the wooden bar I mean the stand itself. I tried to reproduce it with the original game, but I don't have a good savegame. I only have the save game left, where the position is already wrong, but none, with which I could try to reproduce the wrong position. Do you have a savegame, which you could make available for me, so that I can test it again with the original simon? Thanx! firstname.lastname@example.org
by , 20 years ago
fiery pits start
comment:4 by , 20 years ago
Could you please provide a screenshot of first problem, with wooden bar. I have attached a save game from scummvm for start of firey pits which can be used in original game too..
comment:5 by , 20 years ago
Thank you for the save game. I'm still able to reproduce the problem with ScummVM. But I can't reproduce it with the original Simon exe. Here's a screenshot:
This is with a step added between steps (2) and (3) from above. In this step (2,5) I walked to the top left of the screen.
comment:6 by , 20 years ago
|Status:||new → closed|
comment:7 by , 20 years ago
I can also easy reproduce this problem in the original game, I tried with English Simon 1 dos talkie. Since both problems (Simon walking to far/high left and Simon jumping around during sequence) occur in the original game I'm closing this bug report.
comment:8 by , 20 years ago
|Game:||Simon the Sorcerer 1|
|Status:||closed → new|
comment:9 by , 20 years ago
|Component:||→ Engine: AGOS|
|Game:||→ Simon the Sorcerer 2|
|Status:||new → closed|
comment:10 by , 18 years ago
|Component:||Engine: AGOS → Engine: AGI|
|Game:||Simon the Sorcerer 2 → Space Quest 2|
comment:11 by , 16 years ago
|Component:||Engine: AGI → Engine: AGOS|
|Game:||Space Quest 2 → Simon the Sorcerer 1|
Newest daily build, Simon1Win, win32, talkie.