French SIMON1DOS: wrong text pointers
|Reported by:||SF/ketchup_addict||Owned by:||Kirben|
|Cc:||Game:||Simon the Sorcerer 1|
This bug has been seen with the french DOS as well as the english TALKIE versions of SIMON1.
It appears that nearly every description from the mouse pointer is wrong: for example, when you point your mouse on the dog, instead of "The Dog" the game tells you "The Rose Wood".
I did further tests, and managed to find the culprit: the GAMEPC file (which contains some TEXT that is not in the regular TEXT files). For example if I change this GAMEPC by any of the ones from the English versions, the descriptions are OK.
My idea is that maybe SCUMMVM is using wrong pointers for the text, basing all on the ENGLISH versions.
I've tested this on the last stable 0.7.0 Win32 version, as well as on the last WIN32 0.8.0CVS (Mar 28 2005 09:54:16).
If it helps, here's the log when launching the game:
"Looking for simon1dos Trying to start game 'Simon the Sorcerer 1 (DOS)' bed9134804d96f72afa152b8ec5628c3 GAMEPC Match found in database: target simon1dos, language French, platform DOS"
Ticket imported from: #1172021. Ticket imported from: bugs/1975.
Change History (21)
comment:19 by , 16 years ago
|Component:||Engine: AGOS → Engine: AGI|
|Game:||Simon the Sorcerer 1 → Space Quest 1|