Patch files don't work with Gabriel Knight 2 - The beast within
|Reported by:||lorz||Owned by:||sluicebox|
|Cc:||lorz||Game:||Gabriel Knight 2|
1) ScummVM version: ScummVM 2.1.0 (Oct 5 2019 01:07:22)
2) Bug details: In "Gabriel Knight 2 - the beast within", patch files with subtitles don't work. Graphic patched files are shown correctly, but in-game subtitles are not active neither in movies.
As soon the game starts, in the first room, the debug screen shows the following warning message: "WARNING: Unitialized read for temp 1 from method ::export 10 (room 34, script 11, localCall ffffffff)!". More warning messages like this are shown in other rooms.
This video shows how subtitles should be in game: https://youtu.be/VGeSWsSW8aM
Patch files are attached to ticket for testing purpouses.
3) Language of game: English
4) Version of game: CD, directly copied from these 6 disks
5) OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro for Workstations
6) Savegame: not needed