Opened 3 years ago
Closed 3 years ago
#11282 closed defect (fixed)
Patch files don't work with Gabriel Knight 2 - The beast within
|Reported by:||lorz||Owned by:||sluicebox|
|Cc:||lorz||Game:||Gabriel Knight 2|
1) ScummVM version: ScummVM 2.1.0 (Oct 5 2019 01:07:22)
2) Bug details: In "Gabriel Knight 2 - the beast within", patch files with subtitles don't work. Graphic patched files are shown correctly, but in-game subtitles are not active neither in movies.
As soon the game starts, in the first room, the debug screen shows the following warning message: "WARNING: Unitialized read for temp 1 from method ::export 10 (room 34, script 11, localCall ffffffff)!". More warning messages like this are shown in other rooms.
This video shows how subtitles should be in game: https://youtu.be/VGeSWsSW8aM
Patch files are attached to ticket for testing purpouses.
3) Language of game: English
4) Version of game: CD, directly copied from these 6 disks
5) OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro for Workstations
6) Savegame: not needed
Change History (4)
by , 3 years ago
comment:1 by , 3 years ago
These will not be needed, subtitle support will be built into ScummVM just like with the other SCI games.
These fan made patches only work as far as I know with specific language versions, and not with all versions.
These warnings show that there are script bugs in these fan made patches.
comment:2 by , 3 years ago
|Type:||patch → defect|
comment:3 by , 3 years ago
|Status:||new → closed|
Fixed in: 7d4045f4a9c5df7017de4d6bb5cd0871109b0a61
A couple clarifications:
- The attached zip file is quite incomplete and won't work. The Spanish patch set has much more files.
- The script warnings are irrelevant, harmless, and in Sierra's own code. Also I fixed them. =)
The subtitle patches, both Spanish and English, are distributed as installers and I found it easiest to just open the exe with 7-Zip and extract the patch directory myself.
Gabriel Knight 2 spanish subtitles patch files