Updated Translation Prototype
|Reported by:||SF/abevi||Owned by:||sev-|
This is based on Jordi's work from patch #1739965.
I originally submitted this to devel, but I'm not sure if it was accepted as I got a message saying the content of the message exceeded 40K. Here's what I wrote:
"I was looking into Jordi's message translation patch (http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1739965&group_id=37116&atid=418822) and how it hadn't been updated for a while. I'm not really a scummvm pro, so this isn't 100%, but it's functional in-so-far as compiling.
I'm hoping someone can take it from here and actually get it working. I had a problem getting po2c running from the common/module.mk directly as part of the build process, but if you run it manually, it works.
Basically, the scummvm.pot file can be created successfully, and you can generate localizations using msginit, but I haven't been able to actually utilize any of the .po files in the GUI (I updated the themes to include the necessary label/dropdown though so it's there for testing).
Hopefully someone can finish this off, as I'm not sure when to dump the po files as part of installation so that the TranslationManager can pick up and enumerate them."
This was built against the scummvm1-0 branch.
Ticket imported from: #2903830. Ticket imported from: patches/1221.