SCI: User-translated files are ignored
|Reported by:||SF/tinekefrineke||Owned by:||bluegr|
|Game:||Quest for Glory 3|
For Quest for Glory III I translated some text (message) files in Dutch using SCIamano. Previously I did this for ScummVM with QFG I which worked fine, and when running QFG III in DosBox the translations are used, but not for ScummVM with QFG III.
I downloaded the code, located the problem, fixed it for my kids for Windows. The bug is in the resource.cpp, in the code where firstly ResourceManager::readResourceMapSCI0(...) is called and then ResourceManager::readResourceMapSCI1(...). Firstly resource.000 is read, and the translated message files are accepted. But then ResourceManager::readResourceMapSCI1(...) destroys the results by overwriting them with some data? patches? or so. This happens in the location where someone added a fix for pharkas/german. I made a working ScummVM for myself by removing these lines, but obviously this is no correct fix, now the original problem re-occurs.
Maybe the problem is a shortcoming of SCIamano, which detects no resources in the resource.map to extract, but as the original SCI-engine has no problems with the translated files, I submit this as a bug.
I found the problem in ScummVM 1.2.1, but it is still present in the current archive (1.3, I believe).
Ticket imported from: #3366295. Ticket imported from: bugs/5796.
Change History (19)
comment:1 by , 9 years ago
|Priority:||normal → low|
|Summary:||Translated files are ignored → SCI: User-translated files are ignored|