SCUMM: Detects games in wrong places
|Reported by:||fingolfin||Owned by:||sev-|
There is a relatively recent regression in the SCUMM game detector which causes it to detect games in the wrong places, leading to multiple entries for a single game when running the mass detector, with the incorrect duplicate entries being unusable. My guess is that this regression is caused by Eugene's not so long ago changes which were meant to fix detection of Mac versions of certain SCUMM games, which had all their data in subdirectories (such as "Room 1", "Room 2", ...).
I can reproduce the error as follows: I have multiple versions of many SCUMM games, and I put them into a file hierarchy; e.g. I have monkeyega/english/pc (for the full english EGA PC version of Monkey Island), but also monkeyega/english/demo (for the demo version). When I point the detector at "monkeyega/english", the common parent dir (which contains *nothing* except for those two subdirs), ScummVM incorrectly offers to add this directory, incorrectly claiming that the directory contains a copy of MI EGA. If I then add this new entry, it is unusable (trying to launch it gives an error message stating that the game files could not be found).
Ticket imported from: #3049323. Ticket imported from: bugs/5272.