SCUMM: Zak (FM-Towns) Counter door remains in closed status even though the Caponian just opened it
|zak, fm-towns, towns, counter door
Description (last modified by )
This is with ScummVM 2.6.0git and the English FM-Towns version of Zak McKracken sold by GOG.
- start a new game
- grab your CashCard under the desk, grab your phone bill in the dresser drawer
- exit your apartment and go to The Phone Company next to it
- read the number that's on the pay phone (note it somewhere)
- give your phone bill to the Caponian
- go back to your apartment, use your phone and call the phone number above. Wait for the Caponian to pick up his phone.
- go back to The Phone Company (making sure that Zak doesn't hang up the phone)
- try to go past the counter door while the Caponian is busy on the phone
then Zak will say "I can't reach it". You can see that it's open (the Caponian opened the counter door when he went to the phone), but you do need to open it again yourself.
Savegame at step 6 is attached below (so that you can study all the necessary variables just before they change). Phone number is
5844 in that one.
Expected behavior: if the counter door is visibly open, one shouldn't need to open it again :)
I suspect a script bug in this version, something like the Caponian not properly modifying the state of this object when he goes to the phone. I don't have this bug in the V2/DOS version.
Change History (8)
comment:1 by , 2 years ago
|SCUMM: Zak (FM-Towns) Counter door remains in closed status even though the Canopian just opened it → SCUMM: Zak (FM-Towns) Counter door remains in closed status even though the Caponian just opened it
comment:4 by , 23 months ago
|new → pending