SDL2: Fullscreen to RTL launcher resolution
|osx, sdl2, rtl, macos, launcher
macOS 10.12.5 rMBP mid 2015
- make sure the launcher is windowed by default (fullscreen=false in the config)
- from the launcher, launch a game that forces scaling off and results in a window that doesn't match the launcher size (more on that below)
- alt-enter to go to fullscreen while the game is running (this is important)
- use GMM to return to launcher
- watch as launcher goes back to windowed mode in the wrong size - usually by keeping the game's size
How the launcher is messed up depends on the the values of gfx_mode and aspect_ratio and the difference between the game's locked resolution and the launcher's resolution.
This can be reproduced with games like sq6/torin/lsl6/comi unless aspect_ratio=true and gfx_mode=2x. This is because this combination puts the launcher into a matching resolution as those games are locked to (640x480).
Just make sure the game's locked resolution is different than the initial launcher by either aspect_ratio=false or gfx_mode=3x .. or picking a game that doesn't lock to 640x480 (hires adventures are great for this)