WME: The Shine of a Star - Problems at shovel puzzle scene
|Reported by:||albadross||Owned by:|
There are a number of problems at the shovel puzzle scene :
- The background is constantly moving around.
- The game randomly crashes on entry to the area.
- Even more annoyingly, having completed the puzzle on the wall, the game always crashes before you can save the game.
This was my experience running a recent Windows development build (1.10.0 git2832-g4591dd9 (Mar 22 2017 05:41:58)).
However, I suspect there has been a regression because I used my Windows savegames with the Linux stable build 1.9.0 (Oct 22 2016 10:21:00) and, although the background still moved around, I was able to save the game having got the shovel.
This Linux savegame allowed me to complete the game in Linux. However, when it was loaded into the Windows version, it still crashed. However, once you saved the game in Linux having left the puzzle scene, this later savegame allowed me to finish the game in the Windows development build also.
I have attached the following savegames :
- shinestar-win.008 - I could not get a savegame to guarantee a crash on entry to the shovel puzzle scene but this one does demonstrate the background moving around.
- shinestar-win.009 - This save is after the puzzle on the wall has been solved (it works on the Linux build but crashes on the Windows one).
- shinestar-win.010 - This save is in the next room after you have used the shovel and works on both the Linux and Windows builds. Furthermore, it allows you to complete the game in both cases.
Change History (4)
comment:2 by , 2 years ago
|Summary:||The Shine of a Star - Problems at shovel puzzle scene → WINTERMUTE: The Shine of a Star - Problems at shovel puzzle scene|