AGI: Animation and timers too fast with OpenGL backend
|Reported by:||dmwarren||Owned by:||m-kiewitz|
|Cc:||Game:||King's Quest 1|
Description (last modified by )
KQ1 AGI from the Roberta Williams Anthology. ScummVM identifies it as v2.0F 1987-05-05 5.25"/3.5"/DOS/English
Also reproducible with Fastest mode in The Black Cauldron (2.00 1987-06-14 DOS/English), freely available at XXX
OS X 10.11.6
Setting the animation speed to "fast" or "fastest" makes the animation run at an almost unplayably fast speed.
Timers run fast as well. (e.g., in KQ1 the fairy dust only lasts ~40 seconds)
Was not able to reproduce bug with other graphics backends or other AGI titles (KQ2, KQ3, SQ2).
Last commit where bug was not present
First commit where bug is present
Steps to Reproduce
- Grab OS X machine. (haven't tested other platforms)
- Load KQ1 (see version info above) or The Black Cauldron with an affected version of ScummVM.
- Set Graphics mode to OpenGL, either filtered or unfiltered.
- Start game. Switch to 'fast' or 'fastest' animation speed.
- Move around. If the bug is present, it will take just ~4 seconds to cross a screen. Fine movement will be very difficult because you're moving too fast. Timers will expire in seconds instead of minutes.