Hi-Res Adventure Endings
|Reported by:||albadross||Owned by:||waltervn|
|Cc:||Game:||Hi-Res Adventure #1: Mystery House|
I am not sure whether the behaviour at the end of the Hi-Res Adventures differs from the original games but, as the endings seem inconsistent to me, I am reporting them.
- Mission : Asteroid ends with "Congratulations ... Thank you for playing ... Good Bye ...". Pressing "Enter" bombs you out to the desktop.
- Mystery House ends with "Congratulations ... declared a Guru Wizard" and then, rather more elegantly, asks "Would you like to play again?", to which you can answer Y or N.
- The Wizard and the Princess ends "Congratulations ... declared a Junior-Master Adventurer". This fills the screen and makes you think you should press "Enter" to see more text or "Would you like to play again?". But pressing "Enter" flashes the final scene again and then bombs out to the desktop as well.
I am including savegames at the step before the very end of each game (I have put in brackets the final action to complete each game)
- Mission : Asteroid - hires0-apple2.s14 (no action necessary)
- Mystery House - hires1-apple2.s14 (D)
- The Wizard and the Princess - hires2-apple2.s14 (N)
ScummVM 1.9.0git6805-g1d816d6 (Sep 23 2016 04:19:58)