Opened 3 years ago

Closed 3 years ago

Last modified 6 months ago

#9531 closed patch

Updated Swedish (se_SE) translation for 1.8.0

Reported by: SF/hampusf Owned by: criezy
Priority: normal Component: GUI: Translations
Keywords: Cc:
Game:

Description

Hi Thierry,

Please find the updated Swedish translation for 1.8.0 attached. I really hope there is nothing wrong with this one -- I went through the whole file with a plaintext editor to remove curly quotation marks and corrupted characters, the language header is set correctly, and as far as I can tell the file is not saved as UTF-8 (no idea why PoEdit converted it last time).

Best regards,
Hampus

Ticket imported from: patches/1636.

Attachments (2)

sv_SE.po (99.8 KB) - added by SF/hampusf 3 years ago.
sv_SE.2.po (99.8 KB) - added by criezy 3 years ago.

Download all attachments as: .zip

Change History (9)

Changed 3 years ago by SF/hampusf

Attachment: sv_SE.po added

comment:1 Changed 3 years ago by criezy

That file is indeed not using UTF-8 encoding. But it is not using ISO-8859-1 either. After checking a few non ASCII characters I think it might be using MacRoman encoding (at least it matches for the characters ä and ö).

If I assume it is indeed using MacRoman encoding then you left a curly bracket in a couple of places (e.g. at the end of the Language line) and the file look otherwise OK. Except that it looks like it might be missing a 'L' in some places? There are several strings where a 'L' has disapeared before a 'ä' compared to the previous version. I don't speak Swedish, so maybe that is correct, but I prefer to check before using it.

Old: Vill du verkligen använda mass-speldetektorn? Processen kan potentiellt lägga till ett enormt antal spel.
New: Vill du verkligen använda mass-speldetektorn? Processen kan potentiellt ägga till ett enormt antal spel.

Old: Zipläge aktiverat
New: Zipäge aktiverat

Old: Lägg till kant
New: ägg till kant

Old: Fel vid inläsning av skivan
New: Fel vid inäsning av skivan

If this is not correct it might be caused by the way I recoded the file. In such a case I would prefer to get the file in UTF-8 encoding. I can easily change the encoding afterward.

And by the way Poedit changing the encoding might be because it cannot keep is-8859-1. Indeed curly brackets for example do not exist in that encoding so if you are adding one (even if this is your system doing automatic substitution) then it has to change the encoding so that it can save the file.

Changed 3 years ago by criezy

Attachment: sv_SE.2.po added

comment:2 Changed 3 years ago by criezy

I have attached what I believe is the most likely correct file. I did:
- convert from MacRoman to ISO-8859-1
- Replace two curly brackets with straight ones
- Add back 'L' in places where they were in the previous version and has been removed in the new one.

If you confirm that file is OK I will use it.

comment:3 Changed 3 years ago by criezy

By the way, in case you want to see what changes between my file and the one that is currently in the repository, I pushed it to my clone of the ScummVM repository. So you can see the changes here:
https://github.com/criezy/scummvm/commit/a1bb337416c7a768cab184d947aedcf3fea52912

That might help you to see if that file is correct.

comment:4 Changed 3 years ago by SF/hampusf

Hi Thierry,

Your updated file looks correct -- I apologize for the extra hassle.

Best regards,
Hampus

comment:5 Changed 3 years ago by criezy

Status: newclosed

comment:6 Changed 3 years ago by criezy

Thanks for confirming.
I have now pushed this update to our main repository.

comment:7 Changed 6 months ago by digitall

Component: GUI: Translations
Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.