ScummVM Swedish translation
|Reported by:||SF/hampusf||Owned by:||criezy|
Here is my proposed Swedish translation for ScummVM.
For some reason Poedit didn't implement some of the information in the header, so I added that manually using a normal text editing tool. I retrieved the plural forms formula from http://translate.sourceforge.net/wiki/l10n/pluralforms .
Notes on the 2011/03/21 translation:
- All strings have been translated except for the three strings in the About-dialogue. If requested I can translate these at any time.
- I've compared my translations against the nn_NO, nb_NO, ca_ES and de_DE translations in an attempt to maintain consistency across languages.
- I've avoided plural grammar issues by translating the "Discovered %d new games"-type strings with a different word order (e.g. "New games discovered: %d".)
- The Maniac Mansion imperative verbs were compared against the official Swedish NES port of the game. The spelling for some verbs were outdated and have been changed to match modern official use.
- For the Loom help strings, I opted to use the generic term for staff ("stav") in favour over the more literate translation of distaff ("kräkla") because the latter in Swedish is a rather uncommon word and usually associated with the bishop's staff, which is a different shape from that of Bobbin.
- Similarly, I used the Swedish equivalent of "weaving melodies" ("väva melodier") in favour over the original "spinning drafts", which is without equivalent in Swedish.
Ticket imported from: #3232066. Ticket imported from: patches/1393.