|Reported by:||SF/mthreepwood||Owned by:||SF/mthreepwood|
I've rewritten VideoDecoder because it was extremely limited as to what you could do with it. So, here's what this patch includes:
1) Add support for >8bpp images
2) Remove reliance on delaying to get to the next frame
3) As a result of 2, videos can now be run in the background much more easily
4) Rewrote the sync code to remove the reliance on *100 for all time values (and therefore removes some of the rounding)
5) Add support for non-integer frame rates, fixes the GK1 credits video (0.75fps)
6) Add support for the possible inclusion of non-fixed frame rate videos (such as moving QuickTime to the common code so it can be used in SCI as well as Mohawk)
7) Fixed a case in SmackerDecoder where it would call exit(1) (Why was that even in there????)
All video formats and engines (minus SAGA2) have been tested. However, only the intro of Tucker has been tested and not the full game. The non-interactive demo works fine too.
Other possible issues: In Sword1/Sword2 the subtitle palette indices for black and white are set to 0 and 255, respectively and don't search the current palette for these. This seems to be working ok, but we can add search code again if need-be.
Thanks to DrMcCoy for assistance and testing.
Ticket imported from: #2963496. Ticket imported from: patches/1246.