DETECTION: advanced detector engine simplification
|Reported by:||cyxx||Owned by:||sev-|
Here is a patch to simplify the detection code of some engines relying on AdvancedDetector.
Currently, when an engine starts, AdvancedDetector::detectGameForEngineCreation is called, followed by AdvancedDetector::detectBestMatchingGame. Does running the detection process 2 times really necessary ?
Bsically, all this patch does is :
- replace any use of ADVANCED_DETECTOR_DEFINE_PLUGIN by ADVANCED_DETECTOR_DEFINE_PLUGIN_WITH_COMPLEX_CREATION
- removed detectGame/initGame helper functions in engines using ADVANCED_DETECTOR_DEFINE_PLUGIN_WITH_COMPLEX_CREATION (as the gameDescription is already available)
- add the missing call to upgradeTargetIfNecessary in ADVANCED_DETECTOR_DEFINE_PLUGIN_WITH_COMPLEX_CREATION
- remove the code related to detectGameForEngineCreation
- rename ADVANCED_DETECTOR_DEFINE_PLUGIN_WITH_COMPLEX_CREATION to ADVANCED_DETECTOR_DEFINE_PLUGIN
Ticket imported from: #1825276. Ticket imported from: patches/846.