Opened 18 years ago
Closed 18 years ago
Last modified 5 years ago
#8488 closed patch
website - FAQ update
|Reported by:||SF/clemty||Owned by:||fingolfin|
some changes to the FAQ:
- mention Gobliiins 1 (I always put the "1" there, hope that's ok), also mentioned who did the RE work (somebody told me that name in the channel once) - mention ITE - fix ">" char before LUA link - add link to scaler homepage - reworded some sentences, changed "english" to "English" - mention Mac Howto & link
debatable things I didn't include: - make game names italic (note that "Maniac Mansion" is quoted first, but none of the other game names are marked in any way) - remove some redundant questions (would break downward-compatibility though) - like 1.2 and 1.4 being largely identical and 2.2 and 2.3 - Section 2 refers only to SCUMM games - maybe include non-scumm games as well, plus mention the freeware games
hope I didn't reverse source and target file when running diff this time :)
Ticket imported from: #1364998. Ticket imported from: patches/593.
Change History (8)
by , 18 years ago
comment:1 by , 18 years ago
Really nice patch. thanks. I would commit it immediately, but... faq.inc is generated file. Original is in docs/docbool/faq.xml. It would be really nice if you would create such patch for that file
comment:2 by , 18 years ago
sure, will look into it when I have time
by , 18 years ago
|Attachment:||diff xml.txt added|
changes to FAQ.XML
comment:3 by , 18 years ago
ok, here's the patch to FAQ.XML - interestingly the lua link was ok in that file,
also couldn't test it myself since I have no idea how to display docbook xml without installing a bucketload of software
comment:4 by , 18 years ago
|Status:||new → closed|
comment:5 by , 18 years ago
Well, I can easily do the "compilation" part, as I made the Docbook stuff in the first place...
It would be really nice if somebody else would try to use it eventually, though. It may have some problems on Linux/Windows/etc., and I am willing to help sort 'em out, too.
There was one mistake in the gnerated .xml file, namely you accidentaly used "urlin" instead of "ulink" in one spot.
comment:6 by , 5 years ago
changes to FAQ.INC