ALL, SCUMM: Subtitle speed control
|Reported by:||salty-horse||Owned by:||fingolfin|
Related feature request:
The subtitle options were moved to a different tab due
to space constraints. Notice the "Subs"
Before trying the patch, set talkspeed to a value
between 0 and 9 under [scummvm]
in your settings file.
* Different engines have different min/max ranges for
talkspeed. This creates problems with the slider, and
warrents the fix given above.
What should be done about them?
1) Scale the global [scummvm] value according to the
max values of each? There is no linear relation between
the values. Without the scaling, the key should not
exist on that domain.
2) Add different talkspeed keys for each engine?
3) Default talkspeed values for each engine should be
Notice the duality here:
base/gameDetector.cpp:150 - defined under #ifndef
DISABLE_SCUMM. Should be fixed!
4) Configuration file:
Currently, the user can state one global value, and
different values for each target. Since the talkspeed
signifies the same speed for each engine, should an
engine domain be added? ([scumm], [simon])
* resize scumm dialog for WINCE (scumm/dialogs.cpp:398)
Ticket imported from: #1091170. Ticket imported from: patches/490.