ALL, SCUMM: Subtitle speed control
|Reported by:||salty-horse||Owned by:||fingolfin|
Related feature request: https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=664823&group_id=37116&atid=418823
The subtitle options were moved to a different tab due to space constraints. Notice the "Subs"
Before trying the patch, set talkspeed to a value between 0 and 9 under [scummvm] in your settings file.
* Different engines have different min/max ranges for talkspeed. This creates problems with the slider, and warrents the fix given above.
What should be done about them?
1) Scale the global [scummvm] value according to the max values of each? There is no linear relation between the values. Without the scaling, the key should not exist on that domain.
2) Add different talkspeed keys for each engine?
3) Default talkspeed values for each engine should be added.
Notice the duality here: queen/queen.cpp:112 base/gameDetector.cpp:150 - defined under #ifndef DISABLE_SCUMM. Should be fixed!
4) Configuration file: Currently, the user can state one global value, and different values for each target. Since the talkspeed signifies the same speed for each engine, should an engine domain be added? ([scumm], [simon])
TODO: * resize scumm dialog for WINCE (scumm/dialogs.cpp:398)
Ticket imported from: #1091170. Ticket imported from: patches/490.