Displaying subtitles in voice-only games
|Reported by:||SF/beleg-mrv||Owned by:||csnover|
The feature would consist on implementing a way of displaying strings of text in those supported games that were originally based in voice only, and therefore lacked this option. This would considerably increase the accessibility and availability for international translations of all those games.
This is a list of games in the current catalogue that could use this feature, sorted by engine:
Currently supported engines:
- The 7th Guest
- The 11th Hour
- Return to Zork (descriptions are text only, while spoken dialogs lack any text)
· SCI 1
- King's Quest V (CD Version). In this case, just enabling voice and text simultanously would allow a 3rd party to create a set of MSG files containing the voice transcription/translation, as it happened with Gabriel Knight II.
- Simon the Sorcerer (some CD versions)
· SCI 21
- Gabriel Knight II: The Beast Within (Already a fan patch available in order to enable the text display feature)
- Phantasmagoria II: A Puzzle Of Flesh
· SCI 3
- Lighthouse: The Dark Being
- Orion Burger
- Riven: The Sequel to Myst
The feature request consists in the development and implementation of the system itself, the job of transcribing those texts is proposed to be externalised.
Ticket imported from: #3141770. Ticket imported from: feature-requests/619.