Inclusion of scummvm-tools into gui & copying from CD
|Reported by:||SF/ezekiel000||Owned by:|
It would be nice if the scummvm-tools were included in the gui, in that when you add a game to the gui it would ask you if you want to compress the games data files and what codec to use. This would also work great in conjunction with a way in the gui to insert the game disc and allow scummvm to scan the disc and copy the data-files needed to the hard-drive.
- This second suggestion would also cut down more on the use of ScummVM to play pirate copy's of games as the only games you would then not get ScummVM to copy the files from the disc would be the freeware games.
- Less questions on what files are needed or how to copy files from Mac versions.
- Less questions on how to compress data files.
- Quite a bit of work on the GUI and scripts.
- ScummVM tools would have to be supported and so tested more.
Maybe one for Google Summer of code 2009?
Ticket imported from: #2120927. Ticket imported from: feature-requests/479.