TOOLS: Add a GUI to the various recompress tools
|Reported by:||fingolfin||Owned by:||sev-|
I guess for many of our not-so-experienced users, it would be nice to
have a single programm which integrates the various compression
tools with a GUI atop...
At least for X11, Windows, Mac OS X. That should cover 98% of our
users; handheld users most likely use one of theses systems as host
system, after all).
To this end, one could either use a cross platform toolkit (e.g.
wxWindows), or make dedicated tools for each platform.
Additionally, those tools could also include encoders for OGG/LAME/
FLAC, to avoid any additional dependencies.
A typical use case then would be:
1) Start ScummVMCompressor GUI tool
2) A big window with a "Drop file here" drop field and a "Select" button
3) User either drops file(s) into the drop field, or presses the "Select"
button to get a file selector from which files are choosen
4) Program automatically determines which file it sees, and selects the
5) A "Conversion" dialog is shown. It shows the old file, the new file
(name) (maybe with the option to choose another output destination),
and a "compression level" slider, as well as a widget where one can
choose the compression format (OGG, MP3, FLAC).
There's a button (or so) for "Expert settings" where one can fine tune
all the optional params.
6) The user presses the "Convert" button (maybe after changing some
of the default settings)
7) A progress dialog is shown, the file is converted
8) A success/failure message is shown to the user. Possibly telling
them "You can now delete the old XYZ file."
None of these is very hard. Several people already made simply
ScummVM launchers/frontends for various systems. Maybe we can get
some of these folks to make encoder front ends, too? Maybe there are
already some out there... ?
Ticket imported from: #1393757. Ticket imported from: feature-requests/282.