DRASCULA: FPS are incorrect or some frames are dropped.
|Reported by:||SF/jomalin1||Owned by:||criezy|
I am using ScummVM 1.8.0 and Win7 SP1 64 bits. I use the game that is available from the official website of Drascula (now is freeware):
If you finish the game only in ScummVM, probably you will not notice anything strange in sprite animations, but if you play the game in Dosbox and you compare it, you will feel some movements are better, softer.
So movement in Drascula game executed from ScummVM is not as softly and natural as in Dosbox. This is perfectly noticeable in lot of points during the game. If you execute both games in Dosbox and ScummVM at the same time, you will notice it playing the game from Dosbox and then from ScummVM and doing some actions, here are some examples that you will see it better:
- This is important: the protagonist walking
- The flame of the candle in the starting bar
- The hands of the pianist playing the piano
- When walking in zoomed out places and the protagonist is small drawed (when you see the Church, the Town, Graveyard)
- ONE OF THE MOST NOTICEABLE: the pendulum balancing movement
- When in Von Braun's house, and the big box falls to the protagonist, in Dosbox you will see it going down
correctly, but in ScummVM you will see it practically from the ceiling to the protagonist directly without
Looks like in ScummVM some frames are skipped, or some frames are not rendered, or the frames per second are not as the original.
Ticket imported from: bugs/7115.