Opened 7 years ago
Closed 7 months ago
#7072 closed defect (fixed)
ACCESS: Amazon - Spanish version doesn't start
|Reported by:||SF/dianiu||Owned by:||dreammaster|
|Cc:||Game:||Amazon: Guardians of Eden|
User picked target 'amazon-es' (gameid 'amazon')... Looking for a plugin supporting this gameid... Access Engine Starting 'Amazon: Guardians of Eden' Could not locate appropriate access.dat entry!
Ticket imported from: bugs/7072.
Change History (6)
comment:1 by , 7 years ago
comment:2 by , 7 years ago
Ooops.. should have looked at it's comment more closely. The md5 was provided by one of the users; so since we don't have a full copy of the game currently, this will have to remain an open bug until we can source a copy.
comment:3 by , 5 years ago
No changes in here? Still cannot play Spanish version... anything we can do about that? Could I supply the md5?
comment:4 by , 5 years ago
Not really, sorry. Not having the game, I moved onto working on other engines. Just the md5s would be insufficient. I'd really need a full copy of the game to see how easily it could be supported. Maybe if you can track down another copy of the game, you could consider donating it to the group. No promises though.. I'll emphasize that it's always possible they did significant changes to support the foreign language.. this would be the first non-English version of the game looked into, so I'm unsure if there are any substantial changes done. And if there are, I wouldn't be as interested in devoting a significant chunk of time trying to figure them out. But it's at least a possibility.
comment:5 by , 3 years ago
|Summary:||AMAZON: Spanish version doesn't start → ACCESS: Amazon - Spanish version doesn't start|
comment:6 by , 7 months ago
|Status:||new → closed|
Dreammaster added support for the spanish version some time ago:
I tested the game (not for long, I admit) and everything seems OK, I'm closing this report
Hmm.. looks like Strangerke added in the detection entry late last year although, as you pointed out, the access.dat file, and the create_access tool that creates it, haven't yet been updated to extract the necessary data from the game. I'll check with Strangerke whether he actually has the version, or got the md5 file from someone else.