Opened 9 years ago
Closed 5 years ago
#6448 closed defect (outdated)
SCUMM HE: Pajama Sam 1 softlock with Carrot in Kitchen scene
|Reported by:||SF/rosenl1015||Owned by:||csnover|
|Cc:||Game:||Pajama Sam 1|
Hello, I am experiencing a softlock in the cutscene where Pajama Sam has the carrot and he is in the room where the fridge, knife, and other cooking things are. For some reason, the game will randomly softlock on me. It only happens sometimes (90% of the time) but it is very annoying. Is there any way to fix it?
Ticket imported from: #3615184. Ticket imported from: bugs/6448.
Change History (11)
comment:1 by , 9 years ago
|Priority:||normal → blocker|
comment:2 by , 9 years ago
by , 9 years ago
When I saved this was one of the files.
by , 9 years ago
This was the second file.
comment:3 by , 9 years ago
I am also running version 1.6.0 When I downloaded the program a few days ago, I downloaded it from the 1.6.0 release binaries and downloaded the Windows Installer.
comment:4 by , 9 years ago
Also, I don't believe it's the game itself. I have tried 2 different copies of the game.
comment:5 by , 9 years ago
|Priority:||blocker → normal|
comment:6 by , 9 years ago
|Summary:||Pajama Sam 1 Softlock → SCUMM HE: Pajama Sam 1 softlock with Carrot in Kitchen scene|
comment:7 by , 9 years ago
rosenl1015: I assume by "softlock", you mean a temporary freeze of the game denying user input...
Could you do the following to help us investigate: 1. Please could you attach a text file to this bug containing a file listing of your Pajama Sam 1 datafiles, preferably with file md5sums? The output of a tool such as this: http://md5summer.org or other tool from http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/Reporting_unknown_MD5_checksums would be optimal.
2. Could you try playing the game with the original interpreter and see if this problem occurs? This would help us to determine if this is a script issue or if this is due to our implementation of the SCUMM HE engine. If you do this, please attach an original interpreter savegame at the point of the bug to this artifact to help us with diagnosis and comparison.
3. Could you try playing this from a newgame on previous versions of ScummVM say 1.5.0, 1.3.0, 1.0.0 etc. and see if this works on any previous version? ie. this will help us determine if this is a regression and when it was introduced..
comment:8 by , 9 years ago
4. It may also be worth trying this on a Win32 machine as well to see if this is a bug specific to 64 bit machines...
comment:9 by , 5 years ago
|Status:||new → closed|
I have not been able to reproduce a softlock using the attached save game by:
- Start game and bypass intro with escape key
- Press L to go to load screen
- Load save game
- Click on top-left door to go to kitchen
- Mouse down to the bottom of the screen to show the carrot in inventory
- Click the carrot to select it
- Click the carrot on the refrigerator
I’ve done this quite a few times now without a problem, so I am going to assume for now that this ticket is outdated and the bug was fixed since 1.6.0. If this bug still exists, please provide updated reproduction instructions. Thanks!
I am running Windows 7 - 64 Bit.