Android: improve mouse pointer movement in touchpad mode
|Reported by:||SF/crazyterabyte||Owned by:||fuzzie|
I'm running ScummVM 1.5.0 on a 7" Android 4.1.2 tablet.
I noticed the mouser pointer speed and movement is odd: if I smoothly move my finger, very slowly, this is what happens:
- For a short finger movement, nothing happens.
- I keep moving the finger and then, when the distance seems to go over some threshold, the pointer finally moves, but jumps a few screen pixels at a time.
- Then it stays still for another couple of millimeters (or so), then it moves by jumping a few pixels.
This behavior is odd, unpredictable and frustrating. I can't move the pointer precisely, making it extremely hard to move it to the desired target. I've had trouble even while using the main launcher GUI, having misclicks due to poor pointer movement.
- Never make the cursor jump X pixels if the finger has moved K*X units. Instead, make it move 1 pixel for each K units of finger movement.
- Want to avoid accidental movements while tap-to-clicking or tap-to-dragging? Add a deadzone threshold for the finger. The cursor would not move unless the finger has moved more than some threshold. After this moment, the cursor should move smoothly, no further deadzone thresholding should apply until the finger has lifted.
- As there are many different devices and users, there should be some kind of sensitivity or speed setting for the pointer movement in the touchpad mode.
Ticket imported from: #3597349. Ticket imported from: bugs/6214.