GOB3: Not enough time to get Xina's ancestor's slipper
|Reported by:||bluegr||Owned by:||DrMcCoy|
Running the latest SVN version under XP SP2
Goblins 3 English CD version
In King Bodd's chamber, there is a series of events that cause the slipper of Xina's ancestor to fall to the ground, right next to a guard. You have to be very quick to grab the slipper, otherwise the guard returns it to its original position. It seems that the guard grabs the slipper very early in ScummVM, for one of those reasons:
- Blount can't walk until the sequence is finished
- Perhaps the walk sequence takes a bit longer than it should(?)
- The guard's wait time is less than it should be (?) - unlikely, as this seems to be script related
In any case, I haven't managed to get the slipper yet, and I'm doing it as fast as I can. I remember that this part was hard in the original game, but it seems much harder in ScummVM.
I'm attaching a save game where this occurs.
To drop the slipper, do the following:
- Click on Fulbert and click on the hole full of cockroaches next to him. He'll put his head in the hole and a cockroach will jump on the king.
- Click on Blount. When the king grabs his slipper and starts hitting the cockroach, throw a dish on the buffoon
- The kid on the top left will shoot at the buffoon, therefore dropping the slipper that the king holds on the ground
- Now, you must click on the slipper immediately to grab it before the guard returns it back. I've never been able to get it in time, and I click on the slipper immediately every time
Ticket imported from: #1705220. Ticket imported from: bugs/3154.