Opened 17 years ago
Closed 17 years ago
Last modified 4 years ago
#2526 closed defect
Some games don't install any more
|Reported by:||SF/nulusios||Owned by:|
I just found my Inherit the Earth CD so I tried to use it with SCUMMVM. It didn't install on my svn. After that I looked for other games too, here is what I found:
1) ID "ite" and "itea" both install fine with version 0.8.2 but do not install on 0.9.0svn. With 0.9.0svn (March 8), system reports that no game is found in the folder.
2) The both work on 0.9.0svn if already installed (through 0.8.2 executable)
3) Exactly same thing with ID "simon2".
4) Simon 1, Amiga non-AGA (don't know the ID) doesn't install both on my 0.8.2 and 0.9.0svn! I wouldn't report it but I already know this game folder worked with older builds (I might check later if I download an older version again).
5) Other Simon games work/install fine. Sam'n'Max, The Dig, Zak McKracken fine too. I haven't tested other games except those mentioned, so bug could be more generic, please look into it.
Ticket imported from: #1447208. Ticket imported from: bugs/2526.
Change History (7)
comment:1 by , 17 years ago
comment:2 by , 17 years ago
there is a newer build than March 8?
comment:3 by , 17 years ago
I just fixed problematic chooser dialog which affected at least ITE CD. May you test it with next daily build?
comment:4 by , 17 years ago
|Status:||new → pending|
comment:5 by , 17 years ago
This Tracker item was closed automatically by the system. It was previously set to a Pending status, and the original submitter did not respond within 14 days (the time period specified by the administrator of this Tracker).
comment:6 by , 17 years ago
|Status:||pending → closed|
comment:7 by , 4 years ago
|Component:||--Unset-- → --Other--|
Please try the current snapshot of ScummVM, this sounds like a recent regression, which has already been fixed.
The original ECS versions of Simon the Sorcerer 1 aren't supported, that is why they aren't detected.