#14344 closed defect (invalid)

SWORD2: Can't detect Steam edition shipped with the remaster

Reported by: AndywinXp Owned by: AndywinXp
Priority: high Component: Engine: Sword2
Version: Keywords: detection, sword2, broken sword
Cc: AndywinXp Game: Broken Sword 2

Description

It seems that the new detection system for Broken Sword can't detect the version shipped with the remaster on Steam.
I tried the latest 2.8.0git master, created a new empty scummvm.ini to activate portable mode, and tried to add the game; I got a message saying that no games were detected on the folder.

Here's the directory content:

 Directory di D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Broken Sword 2\Original

31/12/2022  14:52    <DIR>          .
31/12/2022  14:52    <DIR>          ..
31/12/2022  14:50         3.170.556 carib.smk
31/12/2022  14:50        29.537.932 Carib1.clu
31/12/2022  14:50        28.797.271 Carib2.clu
31/12/2022  14:50        24.246.760 Carib3.clu
31/12/2022  14:50               294 cd.inf
31/12/2022  14:50            83.544 cluster.tab
31/12/2022  14:50             6.372 credits.bmp
31/12/2022  14:51             4.629 Credits.clu
31/12/2022  14:50        20.262.263 Docks.clu
31/12/2022  14:50         4.477.140 escape.smk
31/12/2022  14:50         9.224.100 eye.smk
31/12/2022  14:50        33.260.928 FINALE.smk
31/12/2022  14:50            34.878 Font.clu
31/12/2022  14:50         7.059.728 General.clu
31/12/2022  14:50         1.221.872 Guard.smk
31/12/2022  14:50        38.432.256 intro.smk
31/12/2022  14:50        19.033.297 Jungle.clu
31/12/2022  14:50         2.164.956 jungle.smk
31/12/2022  14:50         4.613.564 Museum.smk
31/12/2022  14:50       147.440.068 music1.clu
31/12/2022  14:50       147.226.491 music2.clu
31/12/2022  14:50         1.243.876 pablo.smk
31/12/2022  14:50        29.426.152 Paris.clu
31/12/2022  14:50        10.091.432 Players.clu
31/12/2022  14:50         1.387.316 pyramid.smk
31/12/2022  14:50        21.758.357 Pyramid1.clu
31/12/2022  14:50        41.994.533 Pyramid2.clu
31/12/2022  14:50         3.352.940 Quaram.smk
31/12/2022  14:50        25.676.575 Quaramon.clu
31/12/2022  14:50               175 resource.inf
31/12/2022  14:50            16.584 resource.tab
31/12/2022  14:50        14.304.624 River.smk
31/12/2022  14:50         2.377.012 sailing.smk
31/12/2022  14:50         1.039.952 SCRIPTS.CLU
31/12/2022  14:52    <DIR>          ScummVM
31/12/2022  14:54               441 scummvm.ini
31/12/2022  14:50        10.704.040 shaman.smk
31/12/2022  14:50       207.671.827 speech1.clu
31/12/2022  14:50       251.728.598 speech2.clu
31/12/2022  14:50               390 startup.inf
31/12/2022  14:50           420.000 stone1.smk
31/12/2022  14:50         5.658.060 Stone2.smk
31/12/2022  14:50         1.232.900 Stone3.smk
31/12/2022  14:50           488.745 TEXT.CLU
31/12/2022  14:50        26.819.225 Warehous.clu
              44 File  1.177.692.653 byte
               3 Directory  127.780.835.328 byte disponibili

With my old scummvm.ini file, which already has the game detected, it works fine.

Change History (2)

comment:1 by AndywinXp, 15 months ago

Another note: this is the italian version, but regardless of the chosen language (Steam re-downloads the original game with the appropriate translation) the game is still undetected.

comment:2 by AndywinXp, 15 months ago

Owner: set to AndywinXp
Resolution: invalid
Status: newclosed
Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.