AUDIO: Possible optimisations for the software mixer
Some ideas on possible ways to speed up the software mixer:
- Allow AudioStream subclasses to report the integer size, so that conversion can be folded into the resampling and mixing code.
- Add a skip function to the AudioStream class to allow non-seekable streams to skip output when sound is muted without needing an intermediate buffer.
- Optimise for cases where the volume is silent or at the maximum value.
- Optimise for cases where the destination buffer is all or partially zeroed out.
- Restore the ARM assembly code that was previously removed in commit 99e5de9. This will require updating it for compatibility with Thumb-2 and ARMv3M to get it working on more devices. Issue #6957 will also need to be reopened and fixed.
Change History (10)
Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.