BACKENDS: Can't change language / manage savegames on SteamDeck
|Reported by:||moisesbelda||Owned by:|
Scumm version : 2.6.0
Game : Discworld
Plattform : Linux (Steam OS - Steam Deck).
Steam deck launches the games using the following command:
/bin"flatpak" run org.scummvm.ScummVm --path="/run/media/mmcblk01/Emulation/roms/scummvm/discworld.scummvm" --auto-detect
The problem is with this games that you have to select language and manage savegames through the game own system . DiscWorld is one of the impacted ones, it doesn't have a way to save the game through scummvm modal window, but I think that broken sword as well.
- Launch the game through .scummvm file, instead of from scummvm manager:/bin"flatpak" run org.scummvm.ScummVm --path="/run/media/mmcblk01/Emulation/roms/scummvm/discworld.scummvm" --auto-detect
- Start game, and access to configuration, using key 1.
- Configure your desired language, and save game. If you go to load the game, your saved game is there.
- Shutdown scummvm. Start again through same command as before.
- The game is not configured in the language selected before.
- There are no savegames to load.
If you execute scummvm manager directly, and start the game from the list, everything works fine.