SAGA: IHNM: "createThread wrong scriptEntryPointNumber" when starting with Benny
|Reported by:||dwatteau||Owned by:|
|Cc:||Game:||I Have No Mouth|
With either the English/Steam or French/GOG versions of IHNM (which trigger the SAMPLE.AD/SAMPLE.OPL warning), reinstalled from scratch to make sure the data is OK.
For whatever reason, I can only reproduce this with the OSX PowerPC port:
- It also happens with ScummVM 2.2.0, so it's not a recent regression.
- Using different compiler versions doesn't fix the problem.
- It's systematic on this port, i.e. playing with Benny is impossible there.
- With Linux on the same PowerPC machine, it's fine. Maybe the OSX PowerPC environment is "luckier" in triggering this bug, especially if it's related to threading?
Anyway, if I just do this:
- Start the game
- Choose Benny as a character
- Go down the stairs with Benny
then the following error always appears in the console when Benny starts speaking to AM:
Script::createThread wrong scriptEntryPointNumber!
Skipping the dialogue or enabling/disabling the subtitles doesn't change anything.
On Windows, I can't trigger the error message, but sometimes (1 out of 10?) if I reproduce the steps above, Benny suddendly teleports to the cemetery, and if I go back to the previous room, he will resume reacting to AM, as if nothing happened.
GDB and debug logs to be attached below.