LSL6: Games may restore with muted music or broken volume fade-out
|Reported by:||RayKoopa||Owned by:||sluicebox|
|Version:||Keywords:||music, audio, save|
|Cc:||Game:||Leisure Suit Larry 6|
Description (last modified by )
- ScummVM 2.6.0git6340-g974c51b4cd1 (Jun 5 2022 09:42:22)
- Game language: English
- Game version: Hi-Res 1.000.000
- Windows 11 21H2 10.0.22000.675
Steps to reproduce (not 100% sure yet):
- Leave a room which causes a 5 second volume fade-out of the previous room's background music before starting the new room's music (for example, when entering the hotel interior from the pool).
- Save the game while the fade is in progress.
- Restore this game.
- Notice that there's a chance of the previous room's music now being stuck at the volume at the time of saving.
In DOSBox, the behavior is different: The fade-out of the previous room's music "restarts" at full volume and full 5 second duration, and then properly starts the current room's music.
I cannot reproduce this every time yet. It may be required to quickly move "one room further" before the fade-out ends (e.g. in the above example, to a 2nd hotel interior) and then quickly save the game. I attached a save game where this happened exactly like that.
Another possibly related issue is that LSL6HIRES sometimes starts or restores games with music turned "off" - even after returning to the game selection and starting the game anew.
Change History (7)
comment:3 by , 18 months ago
|Summary:||LSL6: Saves may not restore with working music fade-out → LSL6: Games may restore with muted music or broken volume fade-out|