AGS: Support existing (Spanish) Fan Translations for AGDI (KQ2/KQ3/AlEmmo) and Infamous (SQ2)
|Reported by:||LukasThyWalls||Owned by:|
|Version:||Keywords:||Translations, AGS, King Quest, Al Emmo, Space Quest|
Description (last modified by )
Although, at least for AGD Interactive King Quest remakes, is explained that they don't support translation packs, some Spanish translations exist for some of this games.
The main problem, and the reason to submit that ticket with all of them, is because all of them add a new EXEs for the game and setup, among other files, that need to be alongside the original files, and you need the original EXEs to make the new EXEs for the translation to work. In all of the translations, when you install the translation and play directly, the original EXEs doesn't work properly (shows mixed languages or characters errors) or directly doesn't work at all, so you need to use the new EXEs provided in the translations to make them work, but without deleting the originals.
The issue here is the translation (EXEs) are not detected at all in ScummVM (including if you rename the original EXEs, although like i said they are needed for the translation to work). If i keep the original EXEs, they are detected as the original EXE games and then, as i said, they don't work properly (except in one case that i will explain later).
So, the point here is add those translations to ScummVM to be detected, and in addition, also look if they will be detected alongside with the original EXE, in this case the original EXE should not work so i don't know if in that case there is something it can be done to NOT detect the original EXE in this case.
The translations are:
Al Emmo and the Lost Dutchman's Mine (AGD Interactive)
Version tested: https://store.steampowered.com/app/296850/Al_Emmo_and_the_Lost_Dutchmans_Mine/
- It adds some files, including Al-EmmoSPA.exe and winsetupSPA.exe which are the ones to use with the translation. Tested with the Steam version.
- If you use the original EXE with the translation (Directly or With ScummVM), it shows the images in Spanish, but the text and dialogs are in English.
- If you get rid the original EXE, the game is not detected by ScummVM.
NOTE: For install the translation, you need to copy the "ARCHIVOS COMUNES" (Common files) and the files for the STEAM or 4.1 folders depending the version you have.
King's Quest II: Romancing the stones 3.1 (AGD Interactive)
Free Download: http://www.agdinteractive.com/games/kq2/download/download.html
- It adds some files, including Kq2vgaEsp.exe and winsetupEsp.exe which are the ones to use with the translation.
- If you use the original EXE with the translation (Directly or With ScummVM), it shows the images (Buttons) in Spanish, but the text and dialogs are in English.
- When the translation is installed, the game is detected twice (it shows two entries) but both of them use the original EXE (Kq2vga.exe, as show in the log) and does what i described above. They both shows as Spanish as option for language, but they do the same whatever you pick.
- If you get rid the original EXE, the game is detected, but it doesn't work (It shows an error that game data is missing or corrupted). The ID detected for Kq2vgaEsp.exe is: f964e5cb4d339432dd0302d67eb11105, 2490368 bytes.
NOTE: The translation is installed via an installer that should detect the game folder.
King's Quest III Redux: To heir is human 1.1 (AGD Interactive)
Free Download: http://www.agdinteractive.com/games/kq3/download/download.html
- It adds some files, including Kq3vgaEsp.exe and winsetupEsp.exe which are the ones to use with the translation.
- If you use the original EXE with the translation (Directly or With ScummVM), it shows a in-game message saying the game is not compatible with Language Packs (in Spanish with ScummVM, in English if using directly the original EXE).
- If you get rid the original EXE, the game is not detected by ScummVM. With them, is detected and there is an option for Spanish language, but it does the same as described above.
NOTE: The translation is installed copying all the files from the 7zip.
Space Quest II: Vohaul's Revenge VGA Remake 1.1 (Infamous Adventures)
Free Download: https://infamousadventures.itch.io/space-quest-ii-vga-remake
Translation: https://www.mediafire.com/?u050g9em5fqopzn (Project URL http://www.abandonsocios.org/index.php?topic=11752.0)
- It adds some files, including SQ2VGAESP.exe and winsetupEsp.exe which are the ones to use with the translation.
- If you use the original EXE with the translation (Directly), the game works with the spanish translation but with characters errors (is trying to use spanish characters, but it fails and shows interrogations and other things). In ScummVM, it seems it works, although you see in the log is using SQ2VGA.exe, it shows the characters correctly. It doesn't matter what language pack you choose (it shows default and "Castellano" [Castilian, Spain's Spanish basically]), the game is shown in Spanish. It could work like that, but i get two crashes when exiting the game, and also i didn't test the entire game looking if it would work without using the translation EXE.
- If you get rid the original EXE, when you try to add the game, ScummVM shows a message that says Unknown key "Desinstalar Tradución SQ2VGA.exe"'' and it closes (Desinstalar Tradución SQ2VGA.exe is the translation uninstaller that is in the game folder). If i get rid too of that EXE, it doesn't detects the game.
NOTE: The translation is installed via an installer that should detect the game folders.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The translation is only for the 1.1 version, not the 2.0.
Thanks in advance!
EDIT: Only to add, all test was done with ScummVM 2.6.0git5613-g8f0da16853b.
Change History (3)
comment:2 by , 18 months ago
|Summary:||Support existing (Spanish) Fan Translations for AGD (KQ2/KQ3/AlEmmo) and Infamous (SQ2) → AGD: Support existing (Spanish) Fan Translations for AGD (KQ2/KQ3/AlEmmo) and Infamous (SQ2)|