AGI: LSL1 - Stealing from the shop should get Larry killed but it doesn't
|Reported by:||EstrangedEstranged||Owned by:||digitall|
|Cc:||EstrangedEstranged||Game:||Leisure Suit Larry 1|
Description (last modified by )
How to reproduce the bug (it doesn't need a savegame):
- Start playing a new game.
- Call a taxi (type "taxi").
- "Get in" the taxi, type "store" or "shop" to go to the store
- Type "pay" and "get out"
- Get in the store. "Take wine" and "Take magazine" (you have to be close to them of course).
- Get out of the store.
OBSERVE THE BUG: At this point in the DOS version of the game Larry gets shot by the shopkeeper for stealing. But this doesn't happen in the ScummVM version.
- Get back in the store.
- As a result of the broken event, if you try to buy the magazine or the wine, it won't work - you can no longer do it, the game behaves as if you don't have them.
The bug can be experienced on the GoG version of Larry 1 (the text parser version), which was last updated on the 25th of April 2018 (supposedly to ScummVM 2.0 according to the patch notes). Happens both on Windows 7 and Windows 10.
I can attach two saves:
- one in the store BEFORE taking the objects
- one in the store AFTER taking the objects, walking out and back in
I can't do it in this form, I hope I'll be given a chance to do it when I create the ticket.
Change History (11)
comment:4 by , 5 months ago
|Component:||--Unset-- → Engine: SCI|
|Priority:||high → normal|
|Summary:||Stealing from the shop should get Larry killed but it doesn't → SCI: LSL1 - Stealing from the shop should get Larry killed but it doesn't|
comment:6 by , 5 months ago
|Component:||Engine: SCI → Engine: AGI|
|Summary:||SCI: LSL1 - Stealing from the shop should get Larry killed but it doesn't → AGI: LSL1 - Stealing from the shop should get Larry killed but it doesn't|