BURIED: Loading a save created during the password sequence restarts the whole scene
|Reported by:||Thunderforge||Owned by:||bluegr|
|Cc:||Game:||Journeyman Project 2: Buried in Time|
If you create a save when Agent 3 captures you and you have to input a password sequence, then load that save (perhaps because you couldn't figure out the password in time), then instead of going to the password section, you restart the whole scene.
This means you have to listen to 5 minutes of unskippable monologuing again (and if I never have to listen to it again myself after the dozens of times I did testing this bug, I will be so thankful).
Original Game Bug
This bug appears in the original engine. I guess you could argue that it's "as designed", but I do think this is a bug because
- To my knowledge, there are no other parts of the game where loading a save restarts the whole scene
- If you are in Walkthru mode, die, and then click "Continue", the game skips the monologuing and drops your right to the password prompt where I think you should be
- I'm pretty sure Presto programmers weren't masochist enough to intentionally make players rewatch over five minutes of unskippable cutscenes!
- Load the attached save game (which was saved during the password prompt). You will begin with waking up.
- Wait about five minutes through Agent 3 and Arthur's three rounds of monologuing, which is unskippable
- When you regain control, save the game ("Biochip - Interface" -> "Menu" -> "Save")
- Load the save you made, either through "Biochip - Interface" -> "Menu" -> "Restore" or through ScummVM
- Go right back to the beginning and prepare for 5 more minutes of unskippable cutscenes
I've attached an original engine save game file in Walkthru mode to (I don't have a ScummVM save in Walkthru mode). If you get control and don't fill out the correct password in time (or end the timer immediately by typing in a profane word; an easter egg I guess), then you will reach the death screen. If you click "Continue", you'll start back at the password prompt instead of restarting the scene. This is the point where I expect a load to take me.
- ScummVM 2.3.0pre 2021-08-31
- Windows 10 Pro 20H2
- The Journeyman Project 2: Buried in Time v1.00 24BPP/Windows/English