ANDROID: Allow Save location in SDcard (Write permission on SD)
|Reported by:||LukasThyWalls||Owned by:|
|Version:||Keywords:||Android, SDCard, Write permission, Savegames, Saves, Overwrite|
I'm testing ScummVM 2.3.0git20431-g032f9e3857 Android.
It's something that should have been discussed in the past, but there i didn't find any ticket related to it.
The point is you can have the games and extra files anywhere in the SDcard, but not the savegames. The reason is because ScummVM doesn't have write access to the SDcard.
In my phone (Xiaomi Mi 9 Lite, Android 10/MIUI 12.0.7, non-rooted), when i go choose any directory, and go up all it allows, it appears five entries:
- /storage/9016-4EF8--> (real SDcard root directory)
- ScummVM data/ --> /data (Empty, no access)
- ScummVM data (Ext)/ --> /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.scummvm.scummvm/files (Internal storage, empty)
- ScummVM data (Int)/ --> /data/user/0/org.scummvm.scummvm/files (It has the other ScummVM files)
- sdCard/ --> /mnt/sdcard (not the sdcard, is the internal storage root directory)
I point this out because maybe is something with my phone, but i don't think so. But those redirection doesn't seems right also (and maybe is topic for another ticket, but if it's only this, it seems something with low priority).
Change History (15)
comment:1 by , 17 months ago
|Summary:||Allow Save location in SDcard (Write permission on SD) → ANDROID: Allow Save location in SDcard (Write permission on SD)|
comment:13 by , 14 months ago
|Keywords:||Saves Overwrite added; Feature request removed|
|Type:||feature request → defect|