XEEN: Chinese version support
|Reported by:||trembyle||Owned by:|
Description (last modified by )
Chinese (Traditional) releases are currently unsupported. This ticket is provided as a record of current state, for whenever someone is ready to work on these.
Clouds of Xeen
- Crash in opening movie. It appears that the resources are not fully unpacking. Log says
Could not open file - crodo3.voc!
- Fonts render improperly in opening subtitles, character sheet, town signs, etc. There is a font file
CHINFONT.FNTthat needs to be used.
- Monster names and control panel are untranslated. TODO: Compare this against Dosbox.
Darkside of Xeen
- There is a crash in the opening movie (assertion failed!).
- If you skip that movie by pressing ESC, you can reach the main menu. I was able to start a new game, but the Chinese fonts are not displaying. It looks like the character sets are larger than the array used for Western languages. There is a font file
CHINFONT.BIGthat needs to be used.
- Game also crashed on quit (assertion failed, no log message).
World of Xeen
Untested. If there was no standalone release, then presumably the games could be combined by using the Darkside installer.