Opened 3 years ago
Closed 19 months ago
#11531 closed defect (fixed)
CRUISE: Save at end of game causes crash on loading
|Reported by:||JohnnyWalkerDesign||Owned by:||dreammaster|
|Cc:||Game:||Cruise for a Corpse|
MacOS 10.14.6 / ScummVM 2.1.2
The follow savegame causes ScummVM to crash when loaded. (Presumably I wasn't supposed to be able to save when Raoul is giving his "recap" at the end of the game?)
Change History (7)
by , 3 years ago
comment:1 by , 3 years ago
|Summary:||Save at end of game causes crash when loaded → CRUISE: Save at end of game causes crash on loading|
comment:2 by , 3 years ago
|Priority:||normal → high|
comment:3 by , 3 years ago
Are you able to provide a valid savegame from before he starts his recap? It'll make it easier to experiment with turning off GMM saving and verifying that it works
by , 20 months ago
Save before recap
comment:4 by , 20 months ago
Save attached. Steps to reproduce
- Right click to open inventory
- Choose "puppet"->show
- Click on Daphne
- Click to advance dialogue, let the "stormy night" cutscene play (save menu is disabled here)
- Moments after the captain's arrival, Raoul will start his "recap"
- The save functionality is enabled here, but created saves won't be usable.
- In the final showdown scene (when all the suspects are shown and you need to pick the culprit) saves work properly (that's how the original game behaved if I'm not mistaken, I remember saving here and trying every one for fun)
- After picking a potential culprit, saving is still possible, but the saves won't work.
- During the final cutscene saving is disabled as expected.
comment:5 by , 19 months ago
|Status:||new → closed|
Fixed. The save option is no longer available from the in-game menu or GMM right from the start after he makes his accusation.
Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.
Save game as Raoul is giving his "recap"