Opened 7 months ago

Closed 7 months ago

#11464 closed defect (fixed)

New variant King's Quest VII version 2.00 Windows

Reported by: trembyle Owned by: sluicebox
Priority: normal Component: Engine: SCI
Keywords: unknown-game Cc:
Game: King's Quest 7

Description

My variant is not being detected. The VERSION file on the CD says 2.00 (not 2.00b). Can this please be added?

{"resource.000", 0, "51c1ead1163e19a2de8f121c39df7a76", 200764100},
{"resource.map", 0, "8676b0fbbd7362989a029fe72fea14c6", 18709}

Change History (6)

comment:1 by sluicebox, 7 months ago

There's already a detection entry for that version with those hashes and sizes, and I can add that version without problems, so something else is going on.

The detection entries for this version requires the "AVI" subdirectory to differentiate between DOS and Windows. The DOS entry requires 91.rbt, 911.rbt, and 912.rbt. Windows requires e108x11.avi, e208x11.avi, and int08x11.avi. Do you have the AVI subdirectory with those files? I tried adding without AVI and got the same result you're seeing.

comment:2 by m-kiewitz, 7 months ago

Can you please tell us where you got this from?
What does the packaging look like?
Same as the 2.00b packaging?
Does it look like this: http://www.vintage-sierra.net/kq/kq7v2.php ?

The one that I own really has a VERSION file saying "2.00b".
I wonder what the difference(s) is/are.

Last edited 7 months ago by m-kiewitz (previous) (diff)

comment:3 by sluicebox, 7 months ago

Ooh, ooh, I know this!

I compared these two a while ago and there's only difference, patch file 30.SCR changed to fix a script bug introduced in 2.00 which allowed more than the limit of 10 saves, breaking the game.

https://github.com/scummvm/scummvm/commit/4952a6fb043c86d78d18890f6ba44f8c606f0f8d

Last edited 7 months ago by sluicebox (previous) (diff)

comment:4 by trembyle, 7 months ago

Yes, I can tell you that I got the CD from Santa Claus in 1997. :)

Would have been purchased in New Jersey, USA (by Santa Claus).

I got rid of the box a long time ago, but that looks about how I remember it.

Last edited 7 months ago by trembyle (previous) (diff)

comment:5 by trembyle, 7 months ago

I moved the RBTs and AVIs to a separate subdirectory, and now it is detected correctly. This ticket can be closed.

comment:6 by trembyle, 7 months ago

Owner: set to sluicebox
Resolution: fixed
Status: newclosed
Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.