SCI: QfG3 - Unfinishable state, if you bring a horn to the Laibon without entering first
|Reported by:||lwcorp||Owned by:|
|Cc:||Game:||Quest for Glory 3|
Description (last modified by )
After dispelling the Simbani prisoner, a Fighter/Paladin must visit the Laibon and get asked to defeat a dinosaur and bring back its horn as proof.
If you do this, as in the attached saved game, you can't tell the Laibon about it, and once you exit his hut you can never return, thus you can't finish the game*.
In fact, the whole conversation at this point is full of bugs:
1) Clicking mouth on yourself does nothing, so you can't leave by saying good bye.
2) You can only ask 2 things.
Interim solution to this situation:
1) Enter your guest hut
2) Store the horn in the chest
3) Visit the Laibon. You can talk if you want, but the important thing is to leave (by walking out because of the "mouth on yourself" bug above)
4) Go back to the guest hut
5) Take back the horn
6) Revisit the Laibon and suddenly you'll be able to tell about the horn and continue the plot!
1) Once asked to bring a horn, don't allow to enter the Laibon's hut without it
2) Once you have the horn, skip right into the second conversation
Tried in ScummVM v2.2.0git4477-g0a0e650b61 (Apr 14 2020 06:13:00)
- The food at the inn is charged on Kreesha if you don't have money. Even if it wasn't, as long as you defeat random monsters you'll always get money to buy food. So it's not like the game itself is over, but the plot will be stuck forever without anything new to do.
Change History (5)
comment:1 by , 16 months ago
|Summary:||QF3: can't finish game if you bring a horn to the Laibon without entering first → QFG3: can't finish game if you bring a horn to the Laibon without entering first|
comment:3 by , 12 months ago
|Summary:||QFG3: can't finish game if you bring a horn to the Laibon without entering first → SCI: QfG3 - Unfinishable state, if you bring a horn to the Laibon without entering first|