WEB: I18N and punctuation improvements
|Reported by:||IlDucci||Owned by:||IlDucci|
|Version:||Keywords:||web, I18N, internacionalization, translation|
The following is a list of elements that are either missing a translatable value within the website or that could use some unification in English.
- Main Screenshot page: "X games", "(X shots)" and "X game (Series)" are untranslatable.
- Downloads page:
- This page and some others display a subheader that reads "Downloads for ScummVM version X", in two colors. Is it possible to merge both halves of the line into a single string?
- The bigger red button for the Windows Installer is completely untranslatable.
- All the packages names, file size values (for example, French would use octets instead of M/MB), the mirrorlist link and the longer dates for the dailies are untranslatable at this moment.
- The Extras and Game Downloads subentries are untranslatable.
- Within the Daily Builds section, the following string is untranslatable: "View the ChangeLog to see the latest updates of ScummVM."
- All the subentries in the Libraries section are untranslatable.
- Games page: All subentry links, file size values, mirrorlist link and extra information within these lines are untranslatable.
- Game Demos page: All the categories and parenthesed content are untranslatable.
- FAQ/Frequently Asked Questions page: Is it possible to convert the page into Weblate, instead of having separate pages per language?
- The Spanish name for "Inicio Rápido" shouldn't use an uppercased R when the words are separated, following RAE's rules.
- The Spanish description for the Quick Start guide is taken from the full README text, instead of referring to the Quick Start.
- Some of the descriptions end with a period, but most of them don't in English (and every other languages in consequence). This should be unified one way or the another.
- Compatibility page: The full date isn't translatable.
- Credits page: Everything on this page isn't translatable (Names shouldn't be, but categories, ranks and comments should).
- Subprojects page: This page might be considered for ignoring the translations, but I'm leaving the comment in case it's not. The subprojects descriptions are untranslatable.
- Links page: Every link and description is untranslatable.