3DS: Attempting to apply GUI themes besides the default one causes a stack overflow
|Reported by:||BallM4788||Owned by:||BallM4788|
Hardware: New Nintendo 3DS (North American Black Friday 2016 Edition [not XL])
Last version without bug: 2.1.0
First version with bug: 2.1.1
Commit in which bug was introduced: f22e078
Steps to Reproduce Bug:
1) Open ScummVM
2) Press 'Options...' button.
3) Scroll to and select 'Misc' tab.
4) Press 'Theme:' button.
5) Select 'ScummVM Modern Theme' or 'ScummVM Modern Theme Remastered' ('ScummVM Classic Theme is the same as the default theme).
6) Press 'Choose' button.
7) Press 'Apply' or 'OK' button. System crashes and the Luma crash screen appears. The stack dump that displays in the bottom screen is empty, indicating a stack overflow.
The file sizes for each of the ScummVM themes (as of b4fd25a) is as follows:
- scummclassic.zip: 160.4 kB
- scummmodern.zip: 290.5 kB
- scummremastered.zip: 288.5 kB
The 3DS's memory stack is 256kB, so the classic theme is the only one that works. 3DS releases of ScummVM prior to 2.1.1 applied themes differently, most notably requiring support files to be located separately on the SD card rather than be embedded within the ScummVM application itself.