QFG4 floppy: Berries item, icon color is wrong
|Reported by:||Vhati||Owned by:|
|Game:||Quest for Glory 4|
ScummVM 2.1.0git3797-ge7d23d2cd9 (Oct 25 2018 04:17:12)
Windows 7 64bit
QFG4 Floppy 1.1a + note patch (English)
The game is adamant about the berries being red, and icons in the CD edition reflect this. However in the floppy edition, icons for both the Elderbury Berries and [berries + Pie Pan] inventory items are GREEN.
- Bush EYE message.
- There's something strange about this bush. Maybe it's the eyes. Oh, forget it -- it's probably just an ordinary, everyday bush with blood red berries and tentacle-like branches.
- Berries item description.
- Elderbury Berries It weighs 2 quarks. You have some ugly red berries from the Elderbury Bush.
- [Pie pan with berries] item description.
- The pan is filled with a sickly red assemblage of poisonous Elderbury berries.
Elsewhere, the bush itself and the branch it drops on the ground (before taken) are correctly depicted red in the floppy edition. It's just the inventory that doesn't match.
The original interpreter also does this.
SCI Companion identified the floppy resources as...
- Berries: View 905, Loop 6, Cel 14
- Combined Pie Pan: View 905, Loop 6, Cel 6
- (I didn't see any unused red icons in there.)
SCI Companion is capable of adjusting the palette color assigned to those pixels (View Menu, Shift colors). Looks like two or three shades involved. I don't know if ScummVM has an api for that.
Or I guess one could extract the CD resources and make a diff of the cels to include in ScummVM?
File - 5kb MD5 - Full MD5
RESOURCE.000 - f64fd6aa3977939a86ff30783dd677e1 - ff42260a665995a85aeb277ad80aac8a
RESOURCE.MAP - d10a4cc177d2091d744e2ad8c049b0ae - 3695b1b0a1d15f3d324ea9f0cc325245
RESOURCE.SFX - 3cf95e09dab8b11d675e0537e18b499a - 7c858d7253f86dab4cc6066013c5ecec