SCI: QFG4 (CD) - Berries item, desc knows bush's name before hero does
|Reported by:||Vhati||Owned by:||bluegr|
|Cc:||Game:||Quest for Glory 4|
ScummVM 2.1.0git3797-ge7d23d2cd9 (Oct 25 2018 04:17:12)
Windows 7 64bit
QFG4 CD (English)
One of the Leshy's riddles is to name the Elderbury bush.
"Ten and twelve make twenty-two, this killer plant will crawl to you. Hungry, hunting, seeking food, a berry bush with attitude?"
AFAICT the only characters to say that name are Baba Yaga and Bonehead when she demands a pie. However, the hero can get the berries earlier (even Day 1 by [running + taking damage] or fetch spell). Clicking EYE on them in inventory spoils the bush's name.
Elderbury Berries It weighs 2 quarks. You have some ugly red berries from the Elderbury Bush.
So the hero can carry the item around and yet not have the correct answer for Leshy until Baba's pie quest is issued (neither berries nor quest completion are required).
Guess "Elderbury Bush"
Inventory items have no voice-over, so swapping out text should be easy.
The original interpreter also does this.
(For reference when crafting a fitting generic substitute)
- Bush EYE message.
- There's something strange about this bush. Maybe it's the eyes. Oh, forget it -- it's probably just an ordinary, everyday bush with blood red berries and tentacle-like branches.
- Branch (on ground) EYE message.
- You've knocked a berry-laden branch loose from the bush. We hope you're berry proud of that.
- Branch (on ground) HAND message.
- You strip the berries from the loose branch and carefully store them in a pocket of your backpack.
- Clicking berries item on hero.
- They're berry poisonous, you know. You'd better save them for someone who can appreciate their finer points.
- Combining berries with pie pan message. (This spoils the name too. No voice-over.)
- You toss the Elderburies into the pie tin.
- [Pie pan with berries] item description.
- The pan is filled with a sickly red assemblage of poisonous Elderbury berries. (No voice-over.)
- Asking ghost Anna about the Forest.
- "I am looking for berries. The wild blackberries should be ripe now. I want to surprise my husband with a pie. It's getting dark now, and I need to get home."
- "I remember now. I was walking home. Something started to chase me. I tried to run. Something knocked me over and everything went black."
- Anna has no response for the berries item.
- Baba Yaga only mentions Elderbury Pie, without describing anything.
- Asking Bonehead about Elderbury Bush.
- "I don't know much about it. I don't get around much, after all. I think it's a mean green to the northwest."
File - 5kb MD5 - Full MD5
RESOURCE.000 - 263dce4aa34c49d3ad29bec889007b1c - 1364ba69e3c0abb68cc0170650a56692
RESOURCE.AUD - c39521bffb1d8b19a57394866184a0ca - 71098b9e97e20c8941c0e4812d5f906f
RESOURCE.MAP - aba367f2102e81782d961b14fbe3d630 - 801a04cc6aa5d437681a2dd0b6545248
RESOURCE.SFX - 3cf95e09dab8b11d675e0537e18b499a - 7c858d7253f86dab4cc6066013c5ecec
Change History (6)
comment:2 by , 3 years ago
|Summary:||QFG4: Berries item, desc knows bush's name before hero does → SCI: QFG4 (CD) - Berries item, desc knows bush's name before hero does|