Opened 16 months ago
Myst: Fullscreen flyby videos should loop and be clickable
|Reported by:||mgiuca||Owned by:|
Games: Myst Masterpiece Edition (GOG version, June 2018)
OS: Windows 10
Type of bug: Departure from original game behaviour
Steps to reproduce:
- Open any of the Age books in Myst island (e.g., spoiler warning, go to pillars and press Leaf, Beetle and Snake, then open door in boat beside dock).
- Click the small animated video on the book.
- Observe the full-screen flyby video.
The full-screen flyby video loops forever. The mouse cursor is visible. Clicking anywhere on the screen ends the video and links to the Age.
(This is the behaviour in the original Windows Myst Masterpiece edition.)
The full-screen flyby video plays exactly once, then auto-links to the Age. The mouse cursor is hidden and clicking does not skip the video. User can press Esc (not documented) to skip the video.
Problems with the new behaviour:
- The video is intended to loop. Automatically linking after it plays once feels abrupt.
- The Esc shortcut is undocumented, so players may not realise they can skip this video.