TITANIC: Optimization improvements for low-end systems
|Reported by:||dafioram||Owned by:||dafioram|
I was able to complete the game on my raspberry pi 3 and it was very playable. I think the user experience could be greatly improved on this system and other low-end systems by targeting parts of the game that I saw during my playthrough that were the most laggy.
I will now list the specific parts in the order of most laggy to least:
- Bellbot walking in/out when called Demo: https://streamable.com/qlq81
- Deskbot animating Demo: https://streamable.com/96asy
- Opening SGT room and riding SGT minilifts up/down
- Arborteum, opening/closing vines to season exhibit
- Arborteum, raining animation in season exhibit
- Starlings Flying around before fan is on
- Saving a games take 6 seconds (loading is fast)
- Riding Pellerator
- Parrot Animating
- Final Star Puzzle
I had --release-mode as a config parameter.
My playthrough started on 660f7bf11479222689cf77060077fe47d65a465e (August 8th) and then jumped to 2df37f4eb0dc661c0159ca397e66ef6fe19de64c (August 10th).